When buying winter tires, here are some helpful tips
- Look for tires marked with a logo of a peaked mountain with a snowflake
2. Install winter tires in sets of four
3. Do not mix tires with different tread patterns or size
4. Change tires that are worn close to the tread-wear indicators
5. Check the tires’ air pressure at least once a month
It is now mandatory for all insurance companies to offer a discount if you have installed winter tires on your personal vehicles. The criteria may vary with each company. Speak to your insurance representative to find out how to obtain this discount.
Don’t wait for the first snowfall to think about purchasing your winter tires.
Please remember, having winter tires installed does not negate you from driving cautiously during the winter months.