J. W. Davis Insurance Brokers Ltd. along with the insurance industry, acknowledge the right to privacy and continue to protect your personal information. This site is SSL (Secure Socket Layers) protected, resulting in the encryption of any personal information sent electronically from the site to our office, however as the privacy of communication over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, we do not assume any responsibility for any harm, loss, or damage that might occur by the sending of personal and confidential information. We can guarantee that we will do our best to maintain the security and privacy on this site.
Due to the Privacy Act the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) came into effect on January 1st, 2004 we are required to obtain your consent before we disclose any of your personal information (e.g. address, birth date, drivers license number, claims or conviction history, etc.) to any outside party including insurance companies. In order to obtain insurance on your behalf we do have to disclose such information so your consent is very much needed.
You can be assured that all information is held in the strictest confidence and will only be used for purposes outlined below:
- To collect, use, and disclose personal information and provide such personal information to third parties, as required, including insurance companies.
- To use your personal information to ensure that records are accurate and up-to-date and to protect J. W. Davis Insurance Brokers and the insurance company against error or fraud.
- To collect and use this personal information to enable us to assess your ongoing needs for other products, such as (but not limited to) commercial and travel insurance.
In order to protect your personal information and right to privacy, we will:
- Not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those that we identify to you with your permission.
- Keep your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the stated purpose or as required by law.
- Maintain your personal information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date a form as possible.
- Respond to any request you may make to access or correct the personal information we hold about you.
- Obtain the appropriate consent from you for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
Our Privacy Officer may be contacted as follows:
J. W. Davis Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Suite 100 – 987 Clarkson Road South